This policy sets out the basis on which Singapore Media Exchange Pte. Ltd. of 6 Battery Road, #10-01, Singapore 049909 (Unique Entity Number 201731225H) (together with our subsidiaries, our holding company, subsidiaries of our holding company from time to time, collectively called “SMX” or “we”) collects personal data from you and how we process such data.
About this policy
Overview of SMX
SMX is a premium programmatic ad exchange that sells digital advertising space within any and all of the publishers who are affiliated to us / form part of the consortium from time to time and such advertising will be targeted to relevant audiences that could include yourself through our platform and these ads could appear on any website that belongs to Mediacorp Pte. Ltd. or Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (called publishers) but not limited to it as more publishers join our platform. Targeted advertising is based on the designated audiences’ interests & intent, which are inferred from certain demographic and geographic data as well as any data you may have voluntarily supplied to the publishers but does not include any data that is related to personal data without your permission.
By visiting our website www.smx.sg and its related sites (collectively, our “Site”), you accept and consent to the practices set out below.
Back to topWhat Types of Information Do We Collect and Use?
We do not collect or use your personal data unless this has been voluntarily supplied by you by way of sign-ups to any of our services. Such personal data may include without limitation, your name, email and home address, telephone numbers, billing information, usernames and passwords, and other form of personal data relevant to the use of the Site. Such information will be stored with utmost confidentiality and strictly for fulfilling the objective for which such information was solicited in the first place. Such purposes may include some or all of the following:
- creating or maintaining any account or profile you may have with us;
- verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to any payments or transfers you make;
- carrying out research and analytics on our users’ demographics and behaviour;
- provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- enhancing user experience;
- determining and verifying your eligibility for certain marketing or transaction events and other features of the Site;
- communicating with you in relation to your account and alerting you to the latest developments.
In all other instances, we do not collect personal data such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, id number, credit card information, or anything else that can personally identify you.
We do not collect any sensitive consumer information, such as insurance plan numbers, financial account numbers, or information about medical conditions at any point in time.
When you access the Site, we will automatically collect your anonymous, non-personal data, such as browser type, operating system, IP address, language, location of your device, the state or country from which you accessed the Site, the pages you view, length of time spent on pages and whether you respond to an ad. We do not collect sensitive data. In some cases, if you have chosen to make personal data (e.g., your name) publicly available through third party websites (e.g., social networks), we may seek your consent to use that personal data in connection with services that we offer in conjunction with our publishers, advertiser clients and other third parties. We will not disclose your personal data without your consent.
The non-personal-data that we collect via cookies is used for the purpose of targeting ads and measuring the effectiveness of ads on behalf of SMX’s advertisers and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement. This data also helps information we collect about you - information automatically collected when you visit our Site, for example:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- details of any transactions, purchases and payments you made on our Site and in our App;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- information we receive from third parties - we work with third parties and we may receive information about you from them, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, or credit reference agencies. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Back to topWhat Technology Do We Use to Collect Information?
- We use persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by us when you return to our Site or a partner site that uses our services. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do so, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
- We may use third-party web services on our Site. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies (which are likely to be analytical/performance cookies or targeting cookies), web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use our Site and make the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests. The information collected through these means (including IP addresses) is disclosed to these service providers. These analytics services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
Back to topData Storage and Retention
The data collected through browser-level measurement is typically maintained for up to 12 months. Such data may be aggregated and used for analytical purposes indefinitely. Additionally, in certain circumstances, for instance when a specific site has asked for detailed reporting, selected anonymous records relating to that specific site may be maintained indefinitely.
Back to topData Security
We implement physical, electronic and procedural restrictions (e.g., password protection), in an effort to help protect confidentiality of your personal data. Please remember that no technological environment is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee confidentiality of any communication or information posted or otherwise transmitted on our publisher site or any other website over the Internet. We have implemented reasonable measures to protect the information we collect. No method protecting information is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is your responsibility to protect any passwords you may require to access any membership driven section of the site. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your password with anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to us. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password.
Back to topInformation Relating to Children
Our products and services are designed for those 13 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 13. If we are made aware that we have received such information, or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
Back to topDisclosures
In the event another company acquires all or most of our assets, all data compiled or owned by us may be among the items transferred in that transaction. In such event, all the data will continue to be governed by this policy.
We may transmit or share our data with third-party service providers (e.g., data storage and processing facilities) in order for those service providers to perform business functions for us or on our behalf.
We may share, in an aggregated format, the non-personal data we collect to do business with related third parties, such as our advertising clients.
We may disclose your information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are obligated to do so by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
Back to topData Collection for Our Corporate Site
The Site is intended primarily to offer information about SMX and our services. SMX uses information from our web site log files to understand how visitors use our site and to recommend future site improvements. If you choose to submit personal information, you hereby give us consent to, and we may, use that information for general marketing purposes and to notify you regarding updates to our products and services. We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise dispose of the personal data collected on SMX (or its publisher partners) to third parties. Once collected, we will store your information for a reasonable time for record keeping purposes.
Back to topOpting out
Back to topUpdating your information
You may update any of your personal data we possess (such as email addresses supplied for a newsletter or mailing list) by means of updating and accessing your any records on the Site if available, and if not, by contacting us.
Back to topCopyrights and Trademarks
Unless otherwise noted, all materials including without limitation, logos, brand names, images, designs, photographs, video clips and written and other materials that appear as part of our Website are copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property whether registered or unregistered ("Intellectual Property") owned, controlled or licensed by SMX. Our Website as a whole is protected by copyright and trade dress. Nothing on our Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Intellectual Property displayed or used on our Website, without the prior written permission of the Intellectual Property owner. The names and logos of SMX may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on our Website, without prior, written permission from SMX. SMX prohibits use of any logo of SMX or any of its affiliates as part of a link to or from any Website unless SMX approves such link in advance and in writing. Fair use of SMX’s Intellectual Property requires proper acknowledgment. Other product and company names mentioned in our Website may be the Intellectual Property of their respective owners.
We may revise this policy at any time. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to review any changes. All updates to our policy are posted on this portion of our web site. To download this policy, select Save from your browser's menu.
Back to topContact us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding personal data, please address them to the following address or alternatively at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Privacy department
Singapore Media Exchange
Level 18, Centennial towers
Last updated: 24 April 2018